Well... You don't. Instead, when you realize that you have no time what so ever to explore the town before you will be loaded into a plane heading for Montana, you rush off to the local radio shack (thanks for the pointer, Kat) and buy a pink little Samsung. It was Susan who suggested it to be a pink one, and who am I to argue with that? (And apart from that I actually like the color, it was the cheap option - and still so much better than the one I left at home.)
So, I have traveled through Yellowstone, Green River and Catalina with this little pinkie, filling up a 2GB memory card. I'm rather pleased with the pictures, and even if I'm still a bit grumpy about not having anything more cool with me to the hot springs, it might actually be for the best - I would have spent way too much time playing with the camera and too little time with the real course stuff otherwise.
But now I have ordered it, and unless the postal service of the island decide to let me wait for the next boat - tomorrow I will receive my new, shiny Canon EOS XSi!!!
Talking about cameras. I got myself a disposable underwater camera in Two Harbor to have with me in the kajak (I will have at least one good picture of those seals before I leave this place). Yesterday I did some snorkling with it and got a pretty good shot of kelp in morning light. Today I went out looking for seals. The cove where I found them a few days ago was deserted, but I spent some time playing tag with a swimming seal. I paddled towards him, he dived and showed up a few tens of meter away in the other direction. I turned around and went that way, and he dived again and so on. When we grew tired of that I spent some time watching herons, and put the camera away in my pocket (I thought). When I got the shore - no camera. The seal must have taken it. Or possibly the herons. I spent some time looking for it (it floats, after all), but nothing. I had given up and just asked Ben to get myself another camera when he went to town for some provisions - but lo and behold, on the beach, washed up together with seaweed and kelp - was my camera.
Now, in a well told story, this would be the time when I lowered my voice, gave you a conspiratorial wink and added that when I picked up the camera, I saw that since I lost it three pictures had been exposed, and I would find something strange and mysterious (and possibly related to seals) on them.
No picture's were taken. But I'm glad to have my camera back.
I'm uploading a new bunch of pictures. As you see I try to put them approximately in the order they were taken.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
How do you buy a Canon EOS 450 in one hour in LA anyway?
Threads
Geobiology 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ska bli intressant att se bilderna tagna med den nya kameran. Nu har du höjt förväntningarna här borta i Vikinga-land.
Post a Comment